Friday, November 4, 2011

SOFA Chicago 2011 and so INTUIT

Having just completed eight hospitable work days in row, I can't think of better way to spend part of my day to restore my inhospitable thoughts than at the SOFA (Sculptural Objects and Functional Art) and Intuit shows. I try to attend SOFA Chicago every year and this year was no exception. I love the art, the inspiration AND to torture myself with art I can't afford. This post runs a little long so be sure to click on Read More at the bottom.

Some of my favorites from this years show are (drum roll please):
And from the Intuit or Outsider/Folk Art Show:
There is always a lot to see at this show and it is easy to get overloaded. I MAY have to go back tomorrow. Functional art:
I have a few more faves but I'll leave that for another post. I left SOFA so I could deliver ONE of MY SOLD!! FAVES, Buddha with Rose Quartz. I was very excited because I know the owner and it's going to a great home.
I swear ART is one of the best antidotes after being around the public for long periods of time. So is selling art, especially when it's mine. But I refuse to allow myself to get a swelled head. OH, maybe just this once.
This was taken in front of a trick distortion maze mirror, just FYI.



No comments:

Post a Comment