Sunday, November 6, 2011

MORE Faves From SOFA CHICAGO 2011

Since I was close to maxing out my space and going into visual overload in my previous SOFA CHICAGO 2011 post, I decided to give two of my absolute favorites their own space and due. Of course, there was just a hint of Asian influence in my picks.

When I first entered the show, I immediately was drawn to a wood turning gallery/booth that had wood sculptures. They were all stunning but two especially caught my eye. They were by a Vietnamese /Active US artist by the name of Binh Pho. As I continued to walk the show, I saw even more of his work represented by other galleries/booths. IF ONLY I had an extra mid-4 figure$ to 5 figure$ to spare. His work is so gorgeous. Here are just a few more. This wasn't even everything. See how easy it is to get overloaded. I wouldn't mind just being loaded.
I was up close and admiring this next work when the artist came up to me, introduced herself and we started chatting away. My picture does not do this much justice but this was stunning too. The artist is Tanya Lyons and my other fave piece is titled Sasayaki (Whisper):
It was hard to narrow all my faves down but I did. I sure do know what I like. I do have great taste, so I've been told. I believe it.







No comments:

Post a Comment