Friday, February 24, 2012

Can't Mask Feelings When It Comes to Art

Yesterday I went back to one of my absolute new FAVORITE cafes, Kopi Cafe, to pick up some Buddha relics to use in future paintings and some coffee - NOTHING ELSE. I was on a mission and sticking to most of it. I have been there three times since artist  Anne Leuck Feldhaus introduced me a couple weeks ago. They have a wonderful boutique in the back and delicious everything else in the front. 

I picked up what I needed (along with a few other wonderful found things to use, :), and proceeded to sit down with my coffee. It was early and practically had the cafe to myself. As soon as I did, I "happened" to look up and behind and saw this beautiful wood carved mask amongst some other masks:


I kept staring at it and the more I did, the more this one said TAKE ME HOME with you. Was it because I wasn't wearing any make-up and thought I needed it?  There is prosperity carved in the middle of his forehead. The price was very reasonable, it was compatible with some of my other things, and I liked that it was hand carved, natural and the only one.  It was not made from a mold. I can rationalize and justify anything.

Oh, I bought it and he is in my home waiting to be hung. Twenty four hours later, I have no buyers remorse, no guilt, like I sometimes do with other things. I value and appreciate art. Feeds my soul and I don't have to feed his. Just dust occassionally.

There is a reason I intentionally and deliberately stay out of Anti-Cruelty Society and dog shelters. Can you imagine? I know better right now.

Now back to my to-do list and I'm sticking to it. Yeah, right.

No comments:

Post a Comment