Sunday, February 19, 2012

Durga & Me

Throughout the entire "process" of creating my wall art, I had subconsciously been hoping that something could/would emerge to find its way into a "product line" and have some marketability.  I am enjoying all the new work that I am currently producing, which feels terrific. All the while feeling the pressure of my thinking-business helmet weighing on me. Ouch. I want to create in order to be a full fledged business again. 

Looking at my inspirational body of work thus far, I believe I found a start- Mantra Art. Using Hindu deities, Buddhas, and any symbols/figures I can find, along with healing stones such as rose quartz, moss agate, crystals, and an accompanying mantra, you have a feel good and healing piece of inspirational art. My latest features the Hindu goddess Durga, with sodalite which promotes spiritual harmony and is a source of artistic inspiration.

Durga is the mother of the universe and is believed to be the power behind the work of creation, preservation and destruction of the world. Hindus believe she protects her devotees from the evils of the world and at the same time removes their miseries.



Especially from a photographic perspective. The photos of these paintings, pardon my Hindi, truly truly suck, which is why all my work is being professionally shot next week. I'm sharing my present misery with you. Durga to the rescue. These are not the final versions either. I tweaked this painting and Lakshmi again after seeing how they came across. That is a process I will continue.


No comments:

Post a Comment