Sunday, August 21, 2011

Make Room For Clutter


ClutterClutterClutter.  I'm surrounded by it at home. Not a source of comfort. Au contrare.  However when used creatively, which I am in the process of doing, it can be a source of inspiration....  a new work in progress - mixed media graffiti style painting. It's suffocating just doing it.

In a recent blog post written by Los Angeles artist and Feng Shui consultant Anita Rosenberg,  whose entire body of work and life I admire and am awed by, she wrote about the function of clutter. We could all be far more productive by getting rid of the some subtle and blatant clutter of home and surroundings. It really says a lot about us as an individual and what is going in "inside." It could not be more timely. It is wonderful and I would like to share it with you:



Clutter has no geographic boundaries. You have to make them. I am aware of the impact it can have on every aspect of my life. I see it, feel it, think it, hear it, live it. I don't even want to imagine what it would taste like. On rare occasions, you can be inspired by it.

I titled this post Make Room For Clutter when in reality it should be Let's Not. For now, I'll finish cluttering up my painting, hence making room for clutter,and really try de-cluttering my home and mind. I am inspired by and making room for both.

P.S.: Did you notice how uncluttered this blog post is? It's a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment