Sunday, August 14, 2011

Finding The Happy In August

If I could eliminate one month out of the year, like the 13th floor of a highrise, it would be the month of August. I would still acknowledge and wish all the people I know with August birthdays a Happy Birthday.  It just wouldn't be on my personal calendar. I don't know exactly what it is about August that always gives me so much angst. Don't even get me started politically. 

In times like these, I gotta find the happy. It's a process:


I reworked and consolidated these stoneware faces from Terra Cottage that I had for eight years and put them on one painted wood panel. Photo did not come out well but I like them and they're fun.


I actually am still on a high from this. Sir Paul and I share the same birthday- June 18th. Other than that.....

I'm not exactly sure IF this would this help me with August. Shows perhaps? I've been a spectator and not a participant with this one. The people doing it seem to be happy. It looks likes fun. Moving on....



I actually have been a participant in this one in the past and almost got certified before I got sick from ingesting dirty Lake Michigan harbor water. I have to start all over again. Art has taken over for now. Alas, I am a spectator until I ingratiate or find my way onto someone's boat. This does make me happy seeing the sailboats on the lake and in the harbor.

What REALLY makes me happy in August so far is seeing my new work in Flourish Studios. I love that I am starting over in a place called Flourish!
I dropped off a few mixed media pieces and bangles last Monday and they were on the floor when I stopped by briefly Friday night for an event. This is not the final display but they wanted to get them out and I am very happy. I will write more about them in a future post. Talk about a feel good place!

I am waiting to hear about getting in a gallery soon and working on new pieces and prospects. There are only sixteen days left in August. A lot can still happen so I'll just keep trying to find the happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment