Monday, December 28, 2009

Tranquility Revisited

This is the time of year when most of us reflect on the past year and assess what was good,bad or ugly. Okay, make that reflect and/or judge time. It is for me. The bonus this year is that we can throw in all 9 years and call it a decade.

As I was going through shots on my digital camera for some upcoming projects, I came across many pictures from my Portland trip this past September. I remember these!! This is good. Several shots from the Chinese Classical Garden and some from the Japanese Garden. While viewing, I found myself becoming quite calm. Partly due to memories and partly due to subject matter. I will share two of them with you. You, too, may become much calmer. A beautiful thing this time of year (reflective.) Let's get this decade over with (judgmental.)


Portland Classical Chinese Garden

One of the rockeries that is configured to appear as mountains and clouds from a distance. The inscription reads, "Ten Thousand Ravines Engulfed in Thick Clouds."

Japanese Garden

This is a giant sandbox. It really is a Zen Garden. I can't find my notes on this with all the symbolism.
Hope to when I declutter my surroundings.

It is so nice to have memories and pictures that can evoke tranquility. Let's hope 2010 will do the same.


Tranquility of another kind -two new added artistic and inspirational attractions to my blog:
If you scroll down on the right sidebar, you will discover a Jackson Pollock doodle (aka widget)
and daily quotes from the Dalai Lama. For Jackson Pollock, move your curser on it and click down for more colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment