Monday, January 4, 2010

Personal Artist Hero: Anne Leuck Feldhaus

In celebration of this new year, new decade and one year blog anniversary, I am excited to introduce a new blog feature: Personal Artist Heroes, highlighting artists who I have met, admired, observed at shows over the years, and/or read about that help inspire, enlighten, challenge and aspire me to persevere and excel.

In my VERY first blog entry, I mentioned meeting, listening and talking to many talented artists from around the country
while participating in the 2008 One of a Kind Show Chicago. There was no sugar coating the life of an artist in their conversations. Just passion, raw honesty, candid horror and loads of inspiration. I called these artists my artist heroes. It is with pleasure that my first blog entry of 2010 shifts some attention away from the I, me, myself to highlight one of my personal and high ranking artist heroes. And I didn't have to look very far- she's local:

Anne is an incredibly accomplished, talented and unselfish artist. She is a personal artist hero to me because of the" feel good" quality and cause to her work, her marketing savvy, the diversity and crossover of her product line, and the demonstrated generosity of her time and space. She is gracious sharing resources, experience and the art of gabbing.


Her art is self-described contemporary folk and urban pop art. She paints with passion, color, humor and for her pet causes - the adoption and support of animal welfare organizations and other projects. Her work has appeared on expressway billboards, neighborhood banners, t-shirts, magnets, and in art fairs, galleries, Starbucks and cornfields. She has embraced and utilizes all technology to promote her art. She plays and experiments with new mediums. Last year she recently opened her own studio/shop/gallery/in Roscoe Village. To see more (and better shots) of her studio, visit this link to her blog.

What I take away and am reminded from all of this is that
this did not happen overnight. She makes it look easy. It took some years to get where she is, live her dream, grow her business and she is DOING IT! A terrific role model. Can you see why she is an artist hero?

Another chance to visit Anne's website and blog.

This is the first year anniversary of my blog. Happy 1st Blogyear! In one year, I have grown from techniphobe to blogging aficionado. I've come a long way, baby, if I do say so myself. But this is only a beginning. I hope and look forward to having a lot more to show and share in 2010.

2 comments:

  1. What a great post Marilyn! I love Anne's work! What a terrific tribute to a wonderful artist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Marilyn and Happy 1st Blog Year! What a generous post, I am touched and honored by your words.

    ReplyDelete