Saturday, January 12, 2013

Making An Artistic Statement in 2013: Mine

Twelve days into 2013,  I'm ready to make THE statement about my art. It's time to get the words rolling, honor my blogging vows and start fulfilling goals that did not happen in 2012. How I am ever reminded that it is a process. There is also an inspirational video that takes a no holds bar approach especially when to comes to the green stuff$$.
 
MARILYN GRAD
ARTIST STATEMENT


Marilyn Grad’s Mixed Media Creations is an eclectic body of work, all original, all individually handpainted, and one-of-a- kind or limited edition.  My philosophy and approach to art is simple: it is enriching, healing, sacred and essential in life.  I am currently embarking on a new direction with my art: one that is soulful, insightful, personally fulfilling and incorporates a few of my many passions. A self taught artist, you will see my personality and humor authentically reflected in my creations, which is comprised of wall art, wood bangles and wood boxes. They are unique, colorful, inspirational, spiritual, whim(sical), functional, decorative, and wearable.

I have affection and feel a strong connection to Asian and Indian art and culture; iconic symbolism and representation such as the Buddha and the Hindu deities; Eastern religion and philosophy (Buddhism and Hinduism) and use these in my inspirational and Geisha paintings.  As a yoga student and practitioner, the yogic teachings also have an influential role in these pieces, my life, and most definitely my creative process. All together, it leads to living a more beautiful, calm and healthy lifestyle both on and off the canvas.

Wood is the foundation material I like to use in most of the pieces. It provides me with appreciated support, strength and durability and doesn’t break should you accidently drop it. Other materials I presently use include acrylics, texture paint, gem stones, crystals, natural stones, resin deities, glass tiles, found and recycled objects, canvas, and clay. Every piece is finished with a non-toxic polyurethane varnish.

Thank you for taking the time to read this Artist Statement. I now invite you to look, feel, and connect with my art in your own unique way.



Visit my website at http://www.marilyngrad.com


************ 

I had A LOT of doubts and blocks about my artistic future in 2012.  I have my itch back now. This video has corrected the errors of my mindset- easier said than done. I apologize for the overpowering size of this video. I just copied and pasted the code and whoa. This message is huge!  I love how my art is incorporated (thanks blogger) in the video. I like seeing my work in New York. I nice goal and vision for 2013!! Click on the center of the image to start the video.






No comments:

Post a Comment