Sunday, December 26, 2010

My New Voice for 2011

I've started putting together my list of goals and to-do's (I'll call them "ta-da's") for 2011. In the process, I just happened? to find the lecture below by Brene Brown on TED. I've watched this several times. It touched a few emotional chords. I truly want to go into no-hold back, new territory mode to grow artistically, emotionally, personally and professionally next year. To do that I have recognized:   The Power of VULNERABILITY.



So my 2011 voice has verbs and nouns and enough to get me going:

V: Vulnerable, Visual, Verbalize
O: Originality, Organize, Openness, Overtures
I: Innovate, Initiate,Inspire, Internalize, Imperfection
C: Communicate, Create, Collaborate, Courage, Connection, Compassion
E: Embrace, Energize, Expose, Expand, Excite, Externalize, Express

Like an onion, I'll peel back some uncomfortable layers, maybe shed a tear or two, let go and allow myself to be a tad more vulnerable.  Especially when it comes to social media, writing, and pursuing my creative goals. So I'll just continue writing and perfect the imperfect. The new year doesn't start for a few more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment