Thursday, December 16, 2010

Going from RAW to Absolutely FAB

Last week I had "planned" to attend a jazz concert at Orchestra Hall to hear Regina Carter and Esperanza Spalding. Two days before the concert I was presented with an opportunity to participate with several other artists from the Ravenswood Artwalk (RAW) and Blackbird Gallery in free studio space in the Fine Arts Building (FAB) for their open holiday show throughout the entire building.

A little background: The Fine Arts Building houses all the arts: writers, painters, musicians, dancers and vocal instructors. It is a landmark building and culturally rich.

Okay, what would you do?

Welcome to our space:


The artists:

Bill Moran, painter, who along with artist and past 
RAW President Laura Engel, put this together in 3 days!!

Fernando Mastroianni of Blackbird Gallery, 
with some of Bill Moran's artwork in Fernando's custom frames

Zofia Tomala Ceramics
I still have my eye and heart on the Buddha in the back on the left.

Ala Jaron Jewelry


A vocal instructor in the building who serenaded the studios.
Kathleen Toledano, friend and fabulous collage and mixed media artist

My Girls! Don't these look better on a wall than on a gym post?

Two of the many admirers in total awe my work. ; )

 Existential art!
(I couldn't let this go!)
 
 Bill Moran (we stopped counting!!)
Here's and Cheers to an art-filled life and a wonderfully unexpected evening!

To sum up this evening, it was FABulous!! I sold a lot of my work. It was so well received and appreciated. Even if people did not buy anything, the compliments and exposure was worth it and VERY validating. This venue proved even more to me how environment influences how art is received and perceived. On a lower note, my beverage of the late evening was wine and the photo of me was not very flattering. So sans photo.

So what's next.. The new ideas for my website are in place. I'm working on taking my art to another level and wherever these winding stairs take me. I won't make a lot of plans.

Stairs in FAB building.




No comments:

Post a Comment