Monday, November 23, 2009

Thanks-giving

I am taking a brief time-out from a self-induced, self-made frenzy of creating to regain some perspective. You may or not be an I Love Lucy fan (I am) but there is an episode where Lucy and Ethel are working in a chocolate candy factory on an assembly line to earn extra money. They love chocolate. I love art. At first the job seems easy, dipping and wrapping chocolate at a nice, doable pace. Their supervisor thinks they are doing a superb job and speeds up the momentum. What once appeared fun and easy becomes...well..a stressful job. And when it is your product and your business, your dream, the challenges appear greater... or FEEL greater. There is more on the assembly line: ego, emotions, money goals.

I actually do love making and creating art. The holiday season accelerates the process. It also distorts. Along with the pressure of creating comes the fear and doubt of will this work sell? Will I have enough inventory? Getting down to business, it's the financial last hoorah of the year. The pressure is on.

I am stepping back from this self-made pressure cooker (only for a few hours, then resuming production!) to get into the holiday spirit, and.............
Font sizeTHANK EVERYONE -artists, bloggers, Alyson Stanfield @ArtBizCoach.com,
friends, coworkers,family,and retailers who have shown and given such spectacular support, technical tutelage, inspiration, kindness, appreciation and generosity to me and my creations. You have made my decision to create a rewarding one.


HAVE A WONDERFUL AND FEAST-IVE THANKSGIVING!

:)Marilyn


If you are in Chicago this weekend, November 28 & 29, stop by the Bucktown Holiday Bazaar, Holstein Fieldhouse, 2200 N. Oakley between 11-5 both days. Save this date too: Sunday December 13-Architectural Artifacts.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Marilyn,
    Enjoy your time off! I could use a little of that! : )
    Thanks for your comment today! I feel the same way about you my friend!!
    Hope your Thanksgiving is wonderful!!

    manon
    xo

    ReplyDelete