Monday, August 31, 2009

Going Wayward or Just Pacific Northwest

I would love to fill this space with art, inspiration or something visually worthwhile. I apologize but this week it will simply be words. I am preoccupied with planning and fulfilling a long awaited goal: taking a REAL long overdue vacation.

I am visiting Portland Oregon this weekend for 5 days. I have never been to the Pacific Northwest. Needless to say, I am very excited, eager and ready to explore more unchartered territory. Physically; Mentally; Geographically; Personally. I don't know anyone there - yet. I have been wanting to relocate. Is Portland my "IT" city?

At the beginning of the year, I was in a real quandary whether to apply and invest in more art shows or take a vacation. After much thought and self assessment, vacation won. I'm doing a few smaller, less expensive shows instead. I feel terrific about my decision.

Going Portland. I love Words.

FOOTNOTE 9/1: However, still wayward.... and in need of a vacation. I went to check my airline confirmation online and discovered that I am scheduled to return Sept. 10 (made in June). YEAH!!! I scheduled my guesthouse reservation to check out Sept. 9. YIKES. Would cost me more to change the flight than stay an extra day. Found outI can stay at the inn for one more day made just under the wire. No room after that. Now all I have to do is tell work....










No comments:

Post a Comment