Monday, August 24, 2009

Getting Inspiration from Potato Salad

The pressure to accomplish, fulfill personal "to do's" and get in as much FUN as possible before Summer is over is on. Play. Work. Play. Work. Goals. I have a friend who forwards fun, interesting and entertaining emails to me which I enjoy. Some are better than others. This most recent one contained a video from 1944. As I watched, I was trying to figure out HOW and IF I could possibly use it and keep it relevant to my blog's purpose. It wasn't easy but I came up with something. Desperate times deserve desperate measures.

A relaxed mind is a creative mind.

I mentioned in my previous entry that a few of the participants of Local Market show were in the healing arts; we bartered our services and made light of low turnout with laughter and cucumbers. One of the services I bartered was with a massage therapist for my lower back. I seem to be harboring alot of pain there lately, most apparent when I'm in yoga class or try to touch my toes. It hurts physically, mentally and emotionally in certain asanas and picking things up.

After viewing this video (
this is borderline kitsch) , I pined for being flexible again. Having goals is great, but keeping a silly mindset in the process is even better. Especially when trying to establish and achieve the challenging ones.



I will do and try anything, even bend over backwards, to reach a goal... to a point. I recognize, honor and respect some of my limitations...most of the time. Some limitations are temporary, some self-imposed and some are permanent..like I'm getting older!! Perspective and maintaining a sense of humor throughout is key.

I am excited as I plan to introduce my Fall phase for this blog: to have a picture of me up to make this more personal and show more artwork. I'm doing cartwheels just thinking about it. Soon ;)

At this time, I thought about offering a recipe for potato salad, but I think we've seen enough. Besides, it's fattening.

Enjoy a wonderful rest of your Summer.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Marilyn,
    Yes we have to respect and honor our limitations.
    I was also having problems with my lower back until I started doing certain poses and holding them for a period of 5 minutes. Sounds crazy but it worked. My favorite one is when you stand and bend over.... your legs should be shoulder width apart and a slight bend in your knee.... then hold your elbows and hang there like a rag doll. It opens up the hamstrings which is a huge problem for the lower back if they're tight.

    hope all is well!

    manon

    ReplyDelete