Tuesday, October 4, 2011

RAW: The Magical Artistically Tour.. Part 1

By now, you must know that I participated in the 10th Annual Ravenswood Artwalk this past weekend. Where were you if you didn't?  Not to worry. I will share some visuals in Part 1 and some personal experiences in Part 2.

Let's begin with the recommended first stop:  The Central Gallery. This is where some of the 200 participating artists could showcase one piece of work along with their show location and other details.

 
 My Mixed Media Painting:  3 Geisha No. 2   Marilyn Grad copyright @2011
Along the Ravenswood corridors and side streets, every venue was marked by a flag and number. Maps were provided listing all locations, artists, businesses, entertainment - indoor and out. Trolleys were also available to help get around.
 Continuing up the corridor, we arrive at my location (side view): 
This building is mostly occupied by businesses not artist studios. We displayed our work in the hallways on the first and second floors. I shared this space with wonderfully talented, fun, friendly and unselfish artists. A great team and spirit we were and are. That in Part 2. 

Here are just a few of them. I apologize. I thought I had captured everyone and realized  I didn't. I shared the first floor with oil painter Pamela Seatter.
Pamela Seatter
Marilyn Grad:  one wall of Geisha/Inspirational paintings
Ardit Dizdari, a fellow self-taught oil painter
Annette Jackson, glass bead, wall art and jewelry maker 
(and like me, doesn't like pix of themselves )

Also in the #18 group: Miki Shim Rutter, Carol Fletcher and Ronald Stec.

There was sooo much to this show that I didn't see or capture. I was definitely all participant and less spectator. As it should be. I was excited to have my new work and mixed media identity out there and receive such GREAT feedback and response. Yes, there were sales. It felt really, really good.

More about that in RAW: The Magical Artistically Tour Part 2.


No comments:

Post a Comment