Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Display Your Art, Not Your Insecurity



I went to check my booth location yesterday for the Ravenswood Artwalk after receiving my show packet and promotional material. Hate going into these events blind. Did I mention it is October 2 & 3 from 11:00am-5:00? Oh, no worries. I will post at least one or two more times with details! I'm on a side street, not the main corridor :(, but actually it is pretty good. Spacious studio, lots of windows, brick and dry walls, and hardwood floors.

I am ecstatic about participating in this show and getting back out there. Well.... that was until my booth display insecurity resurfaced. BIG TIME. Displays are not my strong suit. Seeing this space put me in creative overdrive. Not in a good way. I still have some time to figure things out before I totally wig out. I need to de-stress over the display. What shall I do? What shall I do?


Twenty-four hours later....

With little sleep, some comic relief and sore hands,
I had an idea of what I wanted. After work, I went to several thrift stores,Target and Home Depot and eventually found a great shelving unit that will break down easily and showcase my work much better. I knew it was the right thing to do rather than getting another table even though I wasn't excited about the investment. The prospect of not selling anything is worse. The studio wall space allows me to showcase my paintings since I can hang them on the wall or brick. I'll see which works better. Personally, I like the brick. Whatever, I'm inspired and hands down, it will BE AMAZING.



No comments:

Post a Comment