Sunday, March 22, 2009

Living The Bubble Bliss

I must say living in the bubble has it's rewards. Ever since I became more disciplined, I have received some welcome and rewarding bliss. Since my last entry, I received notification of my acceptance into the Architectural Artifacts Spring Show held April 19th; a benefit show in Chesterton, Indiana in May; and an Employee of the Year bonus check at work. No, it was not from AIG, I promise! My etsy shop is almost done.

In keeping with one of my blog objectives- offering inspiration from other sources, I have a quote and a video link. The Winslow Homer quote below is taken from a
Winslow Homer/Edward Hopper exhibit I attended last year at the Art Institute. As a career switcher and self-taught artist, I listen and write down everything that gives me artist insight, quiets the why's and keeps me plowing through unchartered territory. The patience aspect is what really resonated with me.

"This is the only life in which I am permitted to mind my own business. You must not paint everything you see. You must wait, and wait patiently, until the exceptional, the wonderful effect or aspect comes.

Winslow Homer

As for the video, entitled Historia de un Letrero, Story of a Sign, please click on the link. That's all I'll say but I guarantee you'll love it. Oh yes, perhaps have a tissue ready.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the show Marilyn!! Can't wait to see your Etsy shop!
    BTW... I love the quote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Marilyn: First of all, thank you, for visiting my blog and for the nice note you left:)

    Secondly, I just watched that video "Historia de un Letrero," and, yes, I needed a few tissues. How inspiring, and what a good reminder to be grateful for what we have, and to have compassion for those who are less fortunate.

    Be well, and congrats on your show.

    ~Nancy

    ReplyDelete