Friday, November 5, 2010

Very Into SOFA Chicago and Intuit Show 2010


Below are just a few of my personal favorites from this year's 17th Annual SOFA Chicago and new Intuit Show of Folk and Outsider Art. I love going to this show every year for the art, getting display ideas, observing attendees and their enviable fashion and style, talking to and appreciating the graciousness of the artists and gallery owners, and being in the safety zone since I can't afford to buy. It hurts, but I usually go into this show with the looky but no buyee discipline. These tend to be higher end collector pieces. Must invest in me! is my mantra.


Glass Buddha
Artist: Marlene Rose

I apologize for not providing titles to the pieces, photos of the artists, along with more detail. I felt uncomfortable taking these pictures even though everyone was.

Artist: Randall Rosenthal
These two mixed media pieces are actually wood sculptured and hand painted.




Artist: Willie Willie ( I think?)


If you are in Chicago, I encourage you to check this show out. Remaining show hours:
Saturday's hours are 11-8pm and Sunday 12-6.
Navy Pier Festival Hall
600 Grand Avenue Entrance 2

No comments:

Post a Comment