Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I mean....Seriously.....

"If you want to work on your art, work on your life." Chekov

It's time to take the business of
my art of seriously. I feel and have felt like I am losing credibility with myself, family and probably others since January 1. I think the word "hobby," which is seriously not bad and "presently" true for me, really did a number on my head. Having just written this, I know so. I genuinely want to put the FUN back in the functional art I create.

I have stymied updates to my website, Facebook, esty, blog, marketing to brick & mortar stores...you name it. I need new photographs professionally shot for posting, shows and marketing.
I do have a show coming up in October (and hopefully more) and a nice order due.

I have
literally had a blocking, or tightening sensation in my throat because I have been creating less. It happens from time to time. Seriously. If you know chakras, this area, or fifth chakra, reflects the energy of self-expression. Believe it and listen when your any part of your body tries to tell you something or needs to be released. Verbally, physically, emotionally, ARTISTICALLY...

I haven't been ALL that serious because I still laugh, smile and maintain perspective between chokes. I've have been taking Chekov's advice and working on my life- new job and social life. That is what summer is about. Summer, like life, can be too short.

With my fifth chakra officially now open, I declare myself beginning anew,"UP" and ready to get down to business - making and marketing art.
Unleash new ideas. Move on to NEW blog themes. Reconnect and recommit to my Muse. Have new pictures to show. Seriously.

"The stringent requirement of a sustained creative life is the humility
to start again, to begin anew. It is this willingness to once more be a beginner
that distinguishes a creative career."

Julia Cameron, The Artist's Way





No comments:

Post a Comment