Saturday, September 19, 2009

A Few Sites & Signs of Portland

Mt. Hood from Washington Park

I returned from Portland on September 10th.
I am just now getting back into what I temporarily left behind- blogging.
Here are just a few of the pix I took while there.

I wanted to live the "urban" and experience nature and I did. I traveled by myself, and am pleased to report that I did not get on my nerves. Mission Accomplished.


One of many paths I shot. This lead up to the Japanese Garden. Talk about heaven.


A Few Urban Window Signs - Poignant :


There is humor in this somewhere:




The Bad Karma Newstand on street corner



I saw this quote outside a store window and thought how fitting:
My new painting/work mantra.
That is my reflection in the glass. I'm going vain on you now: I really, really dislike pix of me. I am not very photogenic which is why you have yet to see my picture posted. I promise once one passes my litmus test, I'm there. Go ahead, you can start humming You're So Vain. I can take it.



Classical Chinese Garden


A gentle reminder from the Japanese Garden:




Remembered to stop and smell in the Rose Garden



Am I moving???????????? Is Portland "IT?" I don't know- yet.
I'll continue to visit. I'll stay open to signs.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely photos Marilyn! I've not been but would love to go!! It appears that you had a lovely trip!

    ReplyDelete